Tuesday 19 August 2008

Nic and Doug's wedding

We've just been in Peterborough for the weekend for Nic and Doug's wedding. After a two-week build-up of stag dos and hen dos, the big day finally arrived, and my big sister married my mate Doug at Orton Waterville church on Saturday. Marie-Claire had made at least 372 hats (including two for herself), the best of which I think was Meabh's big pink flower. She managed to keep it on for at least 20 minutes, before getting cross and wriggling out of it - just long enough for us to take some photos to embarrass her when she's 18.

The day went really well, thanks to loads of carefully laid plans (and patios), and an amazing set of caterers who seemed to spend most of the afternoon doing the washing up. Well done Dad for the speech, and Meabh says sorry we missed it, but she really enjoyed being wheeled around the streets of Eye by her slightly-over-dressed parents trying to get her to go to sleep. In the end, the succession of almost indistinguishable bungalows and front gardens lulled her off and we were able to head back and get a few glasses of bubbly with everyone else.

It was great to see everyone, and to swap lots of baby stories, tips and suggestions with all the other Mums and Dads - something I never imagined I would enjoy doing until 4 months ago!

Here are some pictures of the happy couple too - currently on their Honeymoon in Cuba and having a great time no doubt. Congratulations to em both!

3 comments:

gandghull said...

Great photos. Meabh's hat was definitely the best one there - closely followed my Marie-Claire's and mine, all made by MC. I shall wear the other two that MC made for me at future occasions.

Mark said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_(food)

The secret of double yolkers revealed

zerry ht said...

Really nice post! I am very happy to know about wedding ceremony of this gorgeous couple. Looking forward to see more photographs of their wedding reception. I am also getting married at New York wedding venues and wedding photos are inspiration to me.